Here are some helpful pointers for everyone about to embark on a travel adventure. Quilt Tours International offers you a short list of items not to forget before you travel !
- Should you be travelling out of country, make sure your passport is valid and current well in advance of your departure
- Have arranged well in advance any visas needed in the destination countries
- Ensure that your travel and medical insurance has been taken care of and carry the documents on you throughout the trip
- Some countries may require inoculations; make sure that you get this done well in advance
- Arrange to have traveler’s cheques and/or a bank card on hand as well as foreign currency. If you have a layover in another country for several hours, you may wish to have that specific currency at hand as well for stops in the airport
- Be aware of the season of travel in your destination country. Pack accordingly
- Pack lightly. It is common for travelers to buy many souvenirs, so you will need the extra room in your luggage
- Be aware of the different foods in different countries. Plan to take emergency medication in case of a reaction
- Ask before you drink the water in your destination country. It is generally advised to buy bottled water unless otherwise discussed
- For those planning an extended visit or plan on renting a car, ensure that you have the proper international driver’s license
- Make sure that the team delegate and/or Quilt Tours International is given emergency contact numbers
- Carry prescription medicine in your carry-on luggage in it’s original container
- Make two copies of your passport and other important travel documents – leave one at home and carry one with you – separate from your passport.
We encourage you to learn some foreign words in order to say a friendly ‘hello’ to the local people. Although English has become a worldwide language, people see it as common courtesy when foreigners try to speak their language. It is a fun way to interact with the people.